istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

Sometimes Never, Sometimes Always

Sometimes Never, Sometimes Always - Elissa Janine Hoole Well… I’m pretty torn about this book. It wasn’t bad. Not at all. The writing was good and the characters were well-developed and all… but it focused on religion a lot. A bit too much for me.This book is about Cassandra and she lives in a very religious family. She doesn’t feel like she can be herself with them, so she begins writing a tarot-inspired advice blog in secret. And when Drew writes to her… Well, all hell breaks loose. The church calls it sorcery and a cyberbullying crises, as the school calls it, starts. Cass wants to protect the victims, especially her gay brother, but what if she’s just another bully?Yeah, you can see the religion is a big part of the book. Like I said, it wasn’t bad. The story is good, the writing is good, the characters are well-developed… It’s just to much religion for me. People hating on certain types of books (like vampires and all that stuff), hating on people who are different,… It’s actually a pretty realistic image of some people who really believe in God. I know, not every one of those religious folks are bad, some are really nice and more modern. I have friends who believe and they are great, but I just don’t like the really uptight ones. Anyway, this book handles it great. It shows the bad side of the topic. And it puts a spotlight on bullying, something else I’ve experienced first hand.That’s all I’m going to say about this book for now. I can start ranting on the topic, but I’m not going to do that. It’s just that this book hits a few subjects that I dealt with and still am, so. Okay.