istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1)

Captive in the Dark - C.J. Roberts "Before I had any thought about it, I wrapped my arms around him and held on to him as hard as I could. He was my tormentor and my solace; the creator of the dark and the light within. I didn't care that he would undoubtedly hurt me at any moment right now; I just needed somebody to hold me, somebody to be kind to me, somebody to tell me exactly those words. It's going to be okay. It wasn't of course, I knew that. But I didn't care. I needed the lie."Captive in the Dark, man what a book. I couldn't put it down and I stayed up reading until there were no more pages left to read and the clock told me it was 4 am. And I couldn't wait till later to put this review up. I don't have much to say about this book. It just was so amazingly, disturbingly beautiful in its own way. It definitly is a unique kind of love. And I love it that we see how Caleb changes into something he doesn't know. I was sad that it ended, but I have the next book waiting for me. But that's for later. First I'm going to sleep a few hours. If you haven't read this book yet, I strongly advise you do. It's worth every minute of your time.Again I want to say how incredibly thankful I am that I found this site. If it weren't for Goodreads, I wouldn't have found such amazing novels as this one. Goodreads, you provided and will provide me many hours of reading and I am really happy and thankful for that.