istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

The Elite

The Elite - Kiera Cass *I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you very much!*Well... I regret reading this book now. Because now I probably have to wait way to long for the sequel! That's just mean! I want it! I want it now! *Ahem* I guess you could say that I liked this book. No actually I didn't like it. I loved it! It was everything I hoped it to be and more! So So So SOOOOO AWESOME!The story starts almost right after the first book and the characters I fell in love with (some more than I should) or grew to hate so much (*cough*Celeste*cough*) are still here and I'm sooo happy! In this book we learn more about the history of the land through Diaries from Gregory Illea and we see a bit of a darker side of it. We get to know the King and Queen more in this book, which was awesome. I love Queen Amberly, she's so nice! But I hate the King. I really do. Almost as much as I hate Celeste, that *peeeeep*. Bleh."From the beginning, I've only really looked at you, wanted you."America is still awesome, even though maybe a little more emotional in this one. I get that I was too. I was so torn and I am just reading the book. If I were America, I would be crying all the time. But she is still true to herself and never forgets were she comes from and she isn't afraid to fight for what she thinks is right. And I'm glad she has support from some people in the palace. Now why is she so torn? Guys of course...