istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

Jake - Michael Cargill Oh my god... That's about the only thing I can come up with right now...This is the story about Jake. Jake, a normal teenage boy with a normal life. life at home is great, he has parents who love him and a cute little brother called Ben. He has a couple of friends and life is just good for him. And boring. This story was soooo boring in the beginning. I could not focus on it and was constantly distracted. But then he meets Kim. And then I came near the end. And then my heart broke. A couple of times. And I cried. A lot.Jake is written pretty good. Although it's a struggle to get through the first few pages, this was a pretty good book. The first few chapters are basically Jake's day to day life. And that's boring. But like I said, once he meets Kim, I was on an emotional roller coaster and at the end of it, my heart broke and I cried a lot. So this turned out better then I expected it to be and it touched me more then I thought it would. This would have been a five-star book, but it missed a couple of things. I would have liked it more if all the things that happen in the end, were spread out through out the course of the book. Not all of it in just a few chapters at the end. That was a bit to much for me. A bit overdone. So that's why this book gets 3,5 stars from me. Honestly, I don't really recommend it to anyone who has lost someone close to them, trust me. But you might as well give it a try. Don't say I didn't warn you.