istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

Phoenix Rising (Maggie Henning & The Realm, #1) - Lisa  Morgan I hate this book. No, I love it. No, I hate it. Okay yeah I love it. Damn firepower awesomeness. My one weakness. And this book is full of it. Plus some (a lot of) love (triangle), cool supernatural beings and all that. Yeah, that's my thing. But the fire is the best part ofcourse. Man I would love to have that power. Where can I buy a phoenix? Maybe they have one in the pet store...Okay yeah, this book is good. Really good. Is it the best writing ever? Is it a literary masterpiece? No, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Sure, there are clich├ęs... (*cough* love triangle *cough*) but I don't care. This was a fun book to read and as you may or may not have noticed, I have a weakness for fire (or just elemental in general) powers because that just is cool. (Yeah I'm a nerd.) Cool book. Cool main character with cool firepowers. Hot male vampires, witches, fairies, werewolves and zombielike creatures called revenants. What's not to love, honestly? I'll tell you what's not to love. The twists near the end. You're most likely going to hate those. Seriously. Oh and the fact that Stephanie just kind of disappeared... In the beginning she is in each chapter and has kind of a big role in the life of Maggie, but then suddenly that stops. Sure, she is mentioned by Maggie a couple of times but that's it. Kind of weird, especially because I thought she would have a bigger part in all of the mess going on. But nonetheless a cool book.Now if you'll excuse me, it's about 2 am here and I'm going to bed now.