istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

The Island - Jen Minkman Okay, I'm not a big fan of Star Wars. I like the movies, but I'm not a big fan and if I'd seen the resemblance in the blurb on Netgalley (which was different from the one on Goodreads) I wouldn't have requested it. But none the less... I didn't hate the book. But I can't help but wonder if this book doesn't violate any copyright... This is a short book, a novella. It only has about 80 pages, so I got through it quick. Partly because after 40 or so pages I just skimmed through the rest. It was okay. But to be honest, it felt more like a star wars fan fiction. It's okay. That's all it was. If you love Star wars, you'll probably like this one. (Or not because you don't want someone to ruin a series you love.) So yeah, that's about all I can say about it. I can't call this a book. It's a fan fiction. It's not that original and it's just Star Wars with a twist. And I liked it okay for that reason. If I have to rate this as a book... I wouldn't give it much. Maybe 1 star because the writing is okay but that would be it. So. There you have it.