istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

The Legend of the Blue Eyes - B. Kristin McMichael *I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*So... this is another take on the vampire and werewolf genre. And it's good! ... I think.The main character in this book is Arianna. She doesn't know that there's more to her boring life. On her sixteenth birthday she is a vampire. Two different kind of vampires and she's supposed to be the most powerful night human alive and of course a lot of people want the kill her. That's why she was protected all her life. Every one she knew, even her friends, knew about her. (I would be a little pissed...) So while she gets used to all that, a war is going on between the two vampire species. The Baku and the Dearg-dul. So she's kind of in de middle of that. Which side does she choose?I liked the story the author set up. It was an original and unique spin on the genre and I really liked that. But I didn't like Arianna that much. Yeah, she was sweet and kind and stubborn. But she trusted people to quick and falls in love to fast. I didn't like that. If I had to choose a favorite character, it would be Devin. I really liked that. He is a warrior with his own secrets and duties to Arianna. He is tough and complicated and he I liked him.There was to much going on this story so it felt a little rushed to me at times. I would've liked to see more character developement and all that. And I had a hard time to get into it.Overall I liked this book. It was a fun and unique twist on the vampire genre and I think the story gets better as the series progresses. Fans of this genre, will probably love this one too.