istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry Damn you, John Green! Damn you for bewitching me with that curse that is The Fault in Our stars! You didn’t just open a window to something. You broke down a whole goddamn wall! I've already lost a piece of my mind. I can't trust you with what's left.I know, this isn’t a book by mister Green, but because of this site I got a lot of firsts reading books. John Green gave me one first. Yeah, I know how it sounds, he was the first to give me a first. He was the first author that could make me cry reading a book. I was always a crybaby when it comes to movies or TV-shows, but not with books. Reading The Fault In Our Stars changed that and mister Green didn’t open a window with that, like I just said. He broke down an entire wall. Her shoulders never shook. No tears streamed down her face. The worst type of crying wasn’t the kind everyone could see–the wailing on street corners, the tearing at clothes. No, the worst kind happened when your soul wept and no matter what you did, there was no way to comfort it. A section withered and became a scar on the part of your soul that survived. For people like me and Echo, our souls contained more scar tissue than life.This novel gave me two firsts. One: I couldn’t sleep because of it. It kept me up most of the night wondering what happened next to Echo and Noah. I wanted to get out of bed and read the book, just so I would know. Two: I dreamed about it. When I finally got to sleep, I dreamed about a book. This book. I dreamed about the characters and what I think could happen next etc etc. (It was a good dream tho…)Normal. She wanted normal and so did I.This book did something to me. It broke my heart, healed it and then broke it again. By the time I finished it, my heart was filled with joy. This is an amazing book and I can’t say anything that’s not good about it. I love the story, the characters and everything about it. I felt sad when Echo or Noah felt sad, I was happy when they were happy. I wanted to hug them and comfort them when they needed it. (I’ll admit I wanted to kiss Noah a few times to.) "I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise." Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that-did you? It was done to you?" No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked.This story is simply said beautiful and I will never forget. Katie McGarry, you're brilliant!