istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1) - Brandy Nacole 3.5 starsI liked this book. I didn’t love it, but I liked it. The story is pretty original and I really like Racquel. The book starts of a bit slow, but the further you read, the better it gets. It’s written pretty good and I always give a thumbs up for that because writing isn’t as easy as some may think. So good job Brandy!Yeah, there is a little romance and I always love that. Even better is that it doesn’t lead the story. It isn’t the main thing here. The main thing is Racquel, who has to rescue her kidnapped sister. She grows along the way, softens up in the second half of the book and faces a lot of creatures like vampires. Overall it’s a good story and I will definitely read the second book because the end of this one left me wanting more. I want to know what happens next!So good story and I would definitely recommend it to fans of the genre!Oh and I really love the cover, it’s awesome!I received a free copy of this book through the Read it & Reap program in the club Shut up & read.