istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

The Immortal Rules  - Julie Kagawa *ARC provided by Harlequin Teen via NetGalley. Thank you so much!*4.5 stars!Well, I think it's obvious... The first and most important question: WHY HAVEN'T I READ ANYTHING BY JULIE KAGAWA YET??? I really don't know. Geesh, this woman is awesome! I love her writing. She creates an amazing world in this novel and I actually get details on the worldbuilding, which is awesome. She fascinates me from the start and she got the vampires really good in this one. Okay the story seemed a mix of I am Legend, True Blood and a sniff of Hunger Games, but that's not bad, is it? No! It's more awesome! But seriously... A world were books are illegal? Just hang me already. I wouldn't last a day there. No books? No no no no no no. That's not how I roll. I need ma books okay? But I loved every part of this book. Part 1 was good, part 2 was better and part 3 was awesome. So yeah. You get it. It got better and better every chapter.Okay, the characters. I love Allie. I love her as a human and as a vampire. She's a kick-ass heroine all right. She's stubborn and she can really kick some ass if she needs to, but she's also caring and loving and she doesn't want to hurt anybody, even as a vampire.I liked Lucas and Stick, and I loved Kanin, even when I didn't knew his name yet. OH and I loved Zeke and his group. Yeah. Zeke. *sigh*"You will always be a monster – there is no turning back from it. But what type of monster you become is entirely up to you."This book is a lot of awesome and I'm going to read the sequel soon. This review will also be on my blog and Amazon.