istyriabookblog

Istyria book blog

B's World of Enchanted Books

Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell This review is also on my blog Bookaddict Bieke. Don't forget to check it out there too and watch the trailer of this awesome book!-----------------Okay I know a lot of people have doubts about High School Romance books, but this was something else. It's set in the 80's AND the main guy is a hot Korean. That's cool, right? Okay, just the hot Korean guy then. This book... This book was EPIC.Holding Eleanor's hand was like holding a butterfly. Or a heartbeat. Like holding something complete, and completely alive.I really really really really loved this book. The writing was so good. Funny, clever, romantic, exciting,... I really felt what the characters felt and I loved with them, cried with them, laughed with them... I loved the fact what holding hands for the first time did to Eleanor and Park. They were so cute together and by the time I was halfway through the book, I was just waiting for them to kiss and when they did, I just melted and was trembling the whole time for the rest of the book. And then I cried and cried and cried... And then I was confused. Seriously. I have no clue how this book ends, the last chapter was just soooo confusing. I mean... Are they together again or not or...? I really have no clue.“I don’t like you, Park. Sometimes I think I live for you"I love how the relationship between Eleanor & Park grows. You can practically see them falling in love and you just can't not love them. You just have to love them. Just have to. I loved Park. For some reason when I first imagined how he would look, Zuko from Avatar The Last Airbender, came to my mind. Without scar that is. Don't know why. He just did. And Eleanor is so cool and different and not the stereotype perfect-looking skinny girl. I like a girl with a little meat on her bones. YEAH! Go Eleanor! You rock! Plus, red hair... Duh, that's just awesome. I love this. But still, confused about the end."You're everything, Eleanor."So that's what I think of this. I want to thank TT for recommending this awesome book. Just another book for my best-books-ever shelf. For those who haven't read it yet, I highly recommend you do.